The holidays are such a fun time to bake and eat tons of goodies. And if you haven’t tried Vital Proteins’ new delicious Collagen Creamers, you need to. These diverse creamers can be incorporated into any recipe your heart desires, so naturally a holiday loaf needed to be created.
Gingerbread cookies and loaves are a time-honored tradition for many cultures, including here in America, where the soft-baked loaves are more popular than the stiff variety used to make gingerbread houses. Ginger root was considered by many ancient civilizations as a valuable commodity, as it helped disguise the flavor of preserved food. It has been used in different forms and various tonics to help support digestion and the immune system.
HEALTHY PALEO COLLAGEN HOLIDAY LOAF
- 1 c cashew butter
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t fresh grated ginger root
- 1/2 c cassava flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 T lemon juice
- Gingerbread spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice) to taste
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
- 2 T coconut milk
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 t arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and fresh grated ginger root. Mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, Coconut Collagen Creamer, salt, and spices.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Add in the lemon juice and whisk again.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- For the glaze: add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes to thicken. Best served on the holiday loaf when it has cooled slightly.
- Serve immediately.